Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Clutch Swap

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Clutch Swap
From: healeyguy@aol.com
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 01:43:56 -0500
The difference in the flywheels, other than weight, and the one thing that
really needs attention on this swap, is the small alignment?pins that align the
clutch cover (pressure plate) to the flywheel.? The BJ8 clutch cover uses three
pins at 120 degree separation.? The BN1 and BN2 uses two pins at 180 degrees.
Easily fixed at the machine shop or just mount up the BJ8 flywheel to complete
the swap. Drops a bunch of weight from the rotating mass. The 10.5 inch clutch
used in the?3000 roadsters and BJ7 has a different clutch cover bolt circle and
requires more dollars spent at the machine shop.
Aloha
Perry

Mike

My understanding is that it should go together without a problem. However
best to check with experts like Norman Nock to make sure, especially if it's
compatible with the BN2's mechanical levering system.

Mine's hydraulic and nothing like a standard Austin-Healey at all.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Sydney, Australia