Re: [Healeys] BN1 or BN2 Transmission Conversion

To: <dougnewton@sbcglobal.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1 or BN2 Transmission Conversion
From: "Michael Salter" <msalter@precisionsportscar.com>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 10:29:26 -0400
Hi Doug,
I fitted a Toyota 5 speed to AHX12. Although, for various reasons, we used a
Tilton pedal box and axial slave cylinder I believe that the Smitty's kit
for the 100 comes with the necessary parts to convert a 100 to hydraulic
clutch operation.
Although I am a fan of originality (believe it or not) I must say that the
Toyota 5 speed does make the car much more comfortable to drive and the
hydraulic clutch eliminates one of the less reliable and quirky systems in
the original car.

Michael Salter
100 (1953)
AHX12 (1953)