Re: [Healeys] gas additives

To: "Leonard Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] gas additives
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 20:43:54 +0800
Len -

The problem isn't pinging, it's the dieseling after you shut the motor off.
A standard spec BJ8 from the factory will absolutely require at least 92
octane to keep from plunking over when you turn the motor off.  Luckily I
get 98 here in HK at the pump standard.  Lots of ferraris, Astons, Rolls and
Bentley's here so they sell good gas here.   Of course gas is $8 a gallon
here so it better be the good stuff!

Actually the fact you run your car pretty hard can help keep carbon deposits
off the pistons and valves which will help.

Alan