Re: [Healeys] Mail Enquiry

To: "Healey Mail List" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Mail Enquiry
From: "Leonard Hartnett" <thehartnetts@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 22:33:06 -0700
Ron:  I ask because there was a problem several years ago with someone using
club rosters to sell something.  The result was that the AHCA now includes
on the inside cover of their membership roster the following statement:
"Names, addresses and e-mails in this book are the sole property of the AHCA
and cannot be used for any solicitation, mailing, etc. without the express
written permission of the AHCA.  Contact the vice president of membership
for additonal information".

I would have no problem with an individual contacting this list with a
general request for a car.  I do not want to see the rosters used as a
source of addresses for mass solicitations.

In this particular case, why mine out of all the Healeys?  Why someone from
New York?  I already have four responses indicating that they received a
letter also.  This indicates to me that there will be several more.  Two of
our cars are BJ8s.  Two are not.  I don't know about the third.  This could
be a legitimate search for a Healey or not.  We will see.

(The Other) Len
Vacaville,  California,  USA
1967 3000 MKIII, HBJ8L39031