[Healeys] Burbling exhaust

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Burbling exhaust
From: <pennell@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 22:49:33 -0400
Listers,

Recently I adjusted the valves on the BN7.  It had been running fair but would
not idle too well.  It would slowly lose rpms down to 300 or so and get rough.
After some head work about 1000 miles back I figured it was time.

Now it runs quite well and idles smoothly at 700.  Unique thing is that on
downshifting I get a pleasant burbling from the exhaust in 3rd and 2nd gears.
Not backfiring but a real nice, mild rumble as the rpms drop.  Is this a sign
of anything bad?

Any thoughts welcome
Keith Pennell