Re: [Healeys] Burbling exhaust

To: pennell@cox.net, Healey List <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Burbling exhaust
From: Earl Kagna <kags@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2008 21:42:06 -0700
Keith:

Sounds like eveything is perfect - that's what a big Healey should sound
like when it's in good tune.  Of course, you just might have to drive it a
lot all summer to confirm  ----------!

A wise old Healey mechanic once told me that if the engine is stock and
properly tuned, it will pull smoothly from 1000 RPM in 4th gear (overdrive
not engaged) on level ground with moderate throttle.  Carb mixture setting
is particularly critical with this test - it has to be perfect.  I've tried
it on my Healeys - it's a pretty good indicator of the state of the engine's
tune.

If you try it, let us know how it goes.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.