Re: [Healeys] California License Plates

To: <rdavies1@cox.net>, 'Douglas W Flagg' <dwflagg@juno.com>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] California License Plates
From: Kenny J <theswed@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:57:34 -0700
The CA DMV will allow you to assign YOM (Year of Manufacture) plates to any
car 1962 and older.  You must have two plates that would have been assigned to
your car when sold and an original registration sticker for the year of your
vehicle.  For example, I have a '61 BT-7.  I have a set of 1956 plates
(yellow/blk) with a 1961 registration sticker on them.  DMV supplies a small
aluminum piece that attaches to the corner of the plate (were the mounting
holes are) for the current registration sticker.

FYI... I believe those blk CA plates on ebay are commercial plates for a
pickup or other commercial vehicle.
Kenny

> From: rdavies1@cox.net> To: dwflagg@juno.com; healeys@autox.team.net> Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 16:40:27 -0700> Subject: Re: [Healeys] California License
Plates> > To All:> Last I heard was that CA DMV wasn't allowing you to use old
plates anymore> unless they had been on that car continually so be careful.> I
have seen some order the "vanity" plates with vintage letters/numbers then>
have them re-struck and repainted black and gold. Not legal but when "run">
show up as registered to that driver. I even talked to one 55 Chevy owner> who
was stopped and the local police didn't say anything about the plates.> Ron O.
anyone is looking for some vintage California plates, try eBay>