Re: [Healeys] California License Plates

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] California License Plates
From: sebring@illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 14:28:48 +1000
Quoting Dave Russell <rusd@sitestar.net>:

> I assume this is a bit tongue in cheek. Presumably, since "it never
> rains in sunny California", the car is more likely to be rust free. No
> mind the coastal regions & salt air. 70 years of tradition just make it
> better. Remember, "perception IS reality".  The CAlif. plate that was on
> my car could only be traced back to 1964. It's hanging on the wall.
>
> Dave Russell
> BN2

WHY BUY Californian cars?
The constant news reports 'Down Under' indicate that cars spend the majority of
their life parked with motor running in the middle of a log jammed freeway.
Surely that is not good for the longevity of any vehicle.Then the chances of
someone with a gun jumping out of the smog and shooting up the pristine
bodywork would be a worry. But then Elvis's car was worth more with holes in it-
---strange.
Sad about Bo Diddley though
Joe