Re: [Healeys] Again with the BN6 Flasher Relay

To: f9cougar@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Again with the BN6 Flasher Relay
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 10:05:34 +0800
John -

Yes, part of the problem with those PCB replacements are they aren't
really set up to handle the huge variance in amperage that can go
through the healey wiring harness, that's probably why the little PCB
connection fried.  That varience in amperage can fry contacts too!

I agree with you the best thing is to solder a small braided wire
bridge over the break, hopefully connecting it somewhere where there's
enough metal for the solder to bite and stick.  Drilling holes and
soldering the bridge from the underside probably will be the best.
Alternatively you can just make a new PCB with thicker connections and
do it that way, but that will take more time and effort.

- or -

If you saved your old relay you can break that one apart and see if
filing the contacts fixes that one.

Best,

Alan