Re: [Healeys] Senate Votes To Privatize Its Failing Restaurants

To: "Austin Healey list" <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Senate Votes To Privatize Its Failing Restaurants
From: "David Leong" <david@dleong.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 18:45:12 -0700
I don't really want to get in a long debate about this, but I guess I should
expect that with statements like I made.

Most of you are missing the point, however.

I placed no value judgment on old, white, man, or even conservative.
Conservative, to many, is an attribute to be proud of, and I don't see where
I said it was uncool. (I won't deny implying it, but you drew your own
judgment)

All I was saying, is after a long discussion on wondering why it is
difficult to attract a younger crowd, or next generation, I merely pointed
out that if you spend a lot of bandwidth emphasizing characteristics that
would tend to distance yourselves from the succeeding generation, (getting
off topic to rant and espouse political views) instead of emphasizing the
qualities that bring us together, (the love of neat cars), you should not be
surprised if it is difficult to get younger people to join your social
circle.

Dave