Re: [Healeys] Healey custodian

To: Awgertoo@aol.com, healeys@autox.team.net, John Soderling
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey custodian
From: Rick Neville <healeyrick@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 05:27:24 -0700 (PDT)
Put me in the camp of "anti-custodianism". I think us OWGs (old white guys) are
a little blinded by our love for the cars of our youth. Ever go to a car
museum? How much time do you spend staring at Model Ts and Model As? They just
aren't that interesting and I think today's younger enthusiasts are going to be
looking at the Datsun Zs, RX7s, Miatas, EVOs, etc that made up their great
memories rather than being beguiled by Healeys. I hope my sons enjoy the
Healeys because it reminds them of the old man, but I'd hate to pass on the
obligation that they are like that old knight guarding the Holy Grail in
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. As much as I admire the concours folks for
their attention to detail and preserving their cars the way they wish to
remember them, it irks me when people get down on those who modify their
Healeys to please themselves. Frankly, most of us are going to be dead in 20-30
years and all but a very few people won't give a damn
 about our cars. Let the public stoning begin!