[Healeys] Healey custodian

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Healey custodian
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2008 21:06:25 EDT
One lister describes himself as the "current  custodian" of his car, a
sentiment I share.  I don't know where it  will wind up but at some point in
the--preferably distant--future it will  hopefully give someone as much
pleasure and
as many happy miles as it has  given me.

I'm in a sentimental mood having just  decided along with my daughter what
song we should dance to at her  wedding coming up in October.  I suggested a
song ("Here For You")  that is on Neil Young's "Prairie Wind/Heart of Gold"
DVD,
which well  expresses some of my feelings on her getting married. Sniff
sniff....

There's another song on the  album--"This Old Guitar".  Neil is playing on a
guitar formerly owned  by Hank Williams and the lyrics might well be applied
to our  cars.  See below.

Best--Michael Oritt

This old guitar ain't mine to keep
Just taking care  of it now
It's been around for years and years
Just waiting in its old  case
It's been up and down the country roads
It's brought a tear and a  smile
It's seen its share of dreams and hopes
And never went out of  style
The more I play it, the better it sounds
It cries when I leave it  alone
Silently it waits for me
Or someone else I suppose

This old  guitar
This old guitar
This old guitar

This old guitar has caught  some breaks
But it never searched for gold
It can't be blamed for my  mistakes
It only does what it's told
It's been a messenger in times of  trouble
In times of hope and fear
When I get drunk and seeing double
It  jumps behind the wheel and steers

This old guitar ain't mine to  keep