[Healeys] Occasional loss of power upon acceleration

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Occasional loss of power upon acceleration
From: Maurice Maxwell <maxandreb1@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 11:45:39 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks for all of the help.  The problem appears to be
a sticking needle in the rear carb float bowl.  Once
in a while it sticks closed and sometimes it sticks
open.  I discovered the sticking open yesterday when I
took the Healey out for a short run.  When I returned
to the garage I had gas gushing from the overflow line
from the rear carb.  The crap in the valve seat may
have come from the tube linking the rear carb float
bowl to the float bowl of the front float bowl.  This
tube looked to be older than the car.

I did employ most of the suggestions that came from
the list.  You all are truly very generous with your
time and knowledge.

Thanks again.
Max
1961 BT7