Re: [Healeys] BN1/BN2 Timing

To: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BN1/BN2 Timing
From: Norman Nock <sjnnock@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 19:52:48 -0700 (PDT)
   Pre 1954 British cars did not mark a T.D.C mark

    DISCONNECT BATTERY

    to find a T.D.C remove all plugs and turn engine
by the fan blades
    till you see # 1 piston through the plug hole ,
knock the center out of a spark plug and it's tip ,
screw it in the plug hole then with a screw driver
touching the top of the piston , move engine back and
forward till you find it's highest point . thats T.D.C
  mark front pulley

               OR
USE a vacuum gauge at full manifold vacuum to find
T.D.C get a pre 1965 Automotive Encyclopedia it would
tell you how it's done

              OR
set ign.points at .012" set  engine at T.D.C tighten
dist.  this will give a basic timing reset set points
to .014" to .016" then road test and adjust as needed

          Norman Nock

PS do you have my book Tech Talk