[Healeys] BN1/BN2 Timing

To: Healey <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] BN1/BN2 Timing
From: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:07:59 +0800
Hi All -

For various reasons I shall not get into, I have never actually
determined the timing on my BN1.  I gave it to my mechanic several
years ago and asked him to sort it, and he painted lines on the crank
pulley and timing cover and I've never had to worry about it since.

Well now I'm in the situation with my A90 (same motor as the 100), and
I need to time the car.

I haven't a clue.

I'd follow the instructions in my A90 service manual but the procedure
involves scientific use of the starting handle, which for various
reasons I cannot use on my particular A90 (the starting hole is
blocked).  Given that the BN1 does not use a starting handle, I
figured some of the smarter ones of you have a simple method to time
the car.  By the way I've replaced the ancient Lucas dizzy on this car
with a Pertronix EI dizzy, so I can't really watch the points as part
of this process.  Any simple ideas?

Thanks!

Alan

'52 A90