Re: [Healeys] Speeds, distances, and odometers.

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Speeds, distances, and odometers.
From: Norman Nock <sjnnock@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 20:36:23 -0700 (PDT)
---When a speedometer is sent out to be calibrated you
need to give the TPM turns per mile of the speedo
cable to the shop , mark out 52.8 feet on a flat
surface and count how many times the inner goes around
in that distance ( times 100 ) thats the TPM .. BE
ACCURATE

 SEE also A/H Magazine April 1991 OR  my Tech Talk
Book page 81

.....If your speedo needle is not steady replace the
inner cable this might fix your problem, BUT make very
sure that the inner cable does not protrude more than
3/8" beyond the end of the outer cable at speedo end
,the ferrule on the inner cable should be 5/16"from
the end of the inner cable , this could be made local
..

 ....See also BMC service bulletin #37 Oct. 1962 OR
A/H Mag. June 1996
         OR my Tech Talk Book page 149

                    Norman Nock