Re: [Healeys] Question for Shop Owners / Restorers Only - OD

To: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, "Healey" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Question for Shop Owners / Restorers Only - OD
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:11:32 -0400
The main purpose of the throttle switch (besides being fun to use) is that
when correctly set it won't allow the overdrive to disengage and shock the
entire power train down into the non overdrive ratio (and possibly cause
harm) if the throttle is closed. In other words correctly set it requires
the slight increase in throttle to raise the engine speed to meet the
disengagement of the overdrive and effect a smooth downshift.
It cost time and money to install every one on the cars when new. If the
engineers didn't think it was necessary, they wouldn't have installed it.

Rich Chrysler