Re: [Healeys] (no subject)alternator

To: "Charlie Baldwin" <mgcharlie@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] (no subject)alternator
From: rwil@sbcglobal.net
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:12:16 +0000
Has anyone who has installed an alternator ever had a problem from overloading
the Healey electrics?

I never had a problem with a subbed Delco. If the car is going to use just the
power it was designed to consume there isn't going to be a problem, for sure.
If the car is going to be running powerful and inefficient driving lights or a
500 watt sound system then some thought to how the power will get to them will
be needed as well. But the supply to the rest of the car can stay the same.
I'd suggest leaving your original wiring harnesses alone and if you need a 90
amp alternator make sure that it has adequate wiring to solenoid and the new
stuff. If you aren't going to upsize the battery the original cable will supply
all the charging current that the battery can take

-Roland
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T