Re: [Healeys] alternator

To: <healeys@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] alternator
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 07:34:43 -0400
Thought I would jump  in with my most recent experience with an alternator
set up.

I just installed a Moss Lucas alternator kit on my MGA.    The "A" uses the
exact same voltage
regulator that our Healeys do and the wire size appears to be the same size
at the
D and F terminals.

The original D and F wires are the only wires used for the alt. hook up with
NO larger B+ cable
used at all.    Some of the wires are moved around at the old voltage reg.
because of the internal
reg.  in the new alternator.

Just returned from a round trip to PA.  and IN.  with no obvious problems.

Besides the Healey being a 6 cyl. and the "A" is a 4 cyl.  the cars systems
are very similar.

I find it very interesting that the original wire gauges are still used ( 2
wires)  with no
additional thicker cable as mentioned in previous  emails.

Any comments?

Mark