Re: [Healeys] (no subject)alternator

To: ah@jharper.demon.co.uk, richard.ewald@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [Healeys] (no subject)alternator
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 08:11:47 EDT
In fact you can safely disconnect the battery on a car equipped with an
alternator while the engine is running if done via a switch which  has a
circuit
that grounds the alternator output through a resistor. (See:
_http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecId=1464_
(http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecId=1464) )   The switch
has three circuits which
make/break the battery  connection, the coil feed and an alternator ground.  I
have one  on my alternator-equipped Elva and when going through pre-race tech
inspection I  am asked to bring the car up to revs and then flip the switch.

Best--Michael Oritt
In a message dated 8/21/2008 4:16:59 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,