Re: [Healeys] C-Type

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] C-Type
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2008 16:11:34 EDT
In a message dated 9/6/08 11:07:01 AM, healeys-request@autox.team.net writes:

> The Lynx C Type was a car built for LeMans in '51 by Jaguar. It's
> based on the mechanicals of an XK-120 (which is a gorgeous car in it's
> own right)

Help me, Rhonda!   The "Lynx C-Type" that was observed in the movie is, in
fact, a current reproduction, built by the Lynx Company,   of the Jaguar C-Type
that was raced by Jaguar and won LeMans in 1951 and 1953. The "C-type" --
named because of its upgraded C-type engine, was built on the mechanicals of
the
XK120, with a tube-framed wind-cheating and exceptionally lovely body crafted
by former aircraft engineer Malcolm Sayer. The Lynx is a very nice
reproduction, developed by the company after it had developed a full line of
replacement
panels for the original C-types, and -- I believe -- has current Jag internals
and engine.
Cheers
Gary

Psssst...Have you heard the news? There's a new fashion
blog, plus the latest fall trends and hair styles at StyleList.com.