Re: [Healeys] heritage certificate

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] heritage certificate
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:36:19 -0700
Occasionally, a car will turn up that got out of the factory with its build
card in the glovebox instead of filed at the factory.  I've often wondered
if these cars could get a BMIHT certificate.

I believe that the certs are usually put together using the microfilmed
build card information.  I don't know about the models as early as a BN1,
but the 3000s have another record at BMIHT that is hand-written entries in a
series of large ledger books.  If you go to the BMIHT archives for research,
these ledger books are what they give you access to.  Maybe this would be
another source of manufacturing information.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA

 In a message dated 9/10/2008 6:06:12 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,