Re: [Healeys] Stuck water outlet cover,

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Stuck water outlet cover,
From: "BJ8Healeys" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:00:03 -0700
I've found WD-40 and other similar penetrants to be helpful in breaking the
bonds between gaskets and metal.  Spray around the joint line, wait a while,
tap a little on the stuck item, repeat if necessary and sooner or later it
comes apart with the gasket intact (more or less).

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA