Re: [Healeys] Stuck water outlet cover,

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Stuck water outlet cover,
From: "Mirek and Gwen Sharp" <m.g.sharp@sympatico.ca>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 22:13:02 -0400
Grant,

I have nothing to add to the suggestions provided other than I always
persevere with the least intrusive methods supplemented with patience.
These are not our everyday drivers (anymore), so my thought is that it does
not matter much if it takes a bit longer.  As important is preventing it
from happening again.  In my experience is it usually the steel studs that
have fused with the alloy thermostat housing, especially if any moisture was
wicking up from a weeping gasket.  I liberally coat the studs with
anti-seize grease on re-assembly.  While you are in there make sure you have
the correct sleeve-type thermostat - Norm Nock's tech book as an excellent
article on why these should be used.

happy prying/pulling.tapping/soaking/heating/cursing

Mirek
60 BT7