Re: [Healeys] Last Hope

To: "James Shope" <healeymanjim@hansencc.net>, Healeys Healeys
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Last Hope
From: Kenny J <theswed@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 11:49:05 -0700
Hey Guys,

I think I found the problem...I put the damn unidirectional clutch in
backwards. Thanks for the help.

Kenny > From: healeymanjim@hansencc.net> To: theswed@hotmail.com> Subject: Re:
[Healeys] Last Hope> Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 20:21:01 -0700> > ken, i had a
problem like that when i was restoring the bn6. i took the > o/d apart and
cleaned and repaired some items like the oil pump, thrust > washers, etc. i
put it back together just like it came apart, not knowing > that the idiot who
had worked on it before and bent the oil pump shaft had > also put the
unidirectional clutch in backwards. it too me 3 times taking > it out of the
car and taking it apart before i finally realized the problem. > it would run
fine until od was engaged, then the engine would slow down and > stop. the od
would be hot after a few times of doing this trying to find > the cause. luck
i did not destroy the od. check everything inside > carefully against the
diagram and do no assume all is correct. hjim> ----- Original Message ----- >
From: "Kenny J" <theswed@hotmail.com>> To: "Healeys Healeys"
<healeys@autox.team.net>> Sent: Tuesday, September 16, 2008 3:55 PM> Subject:
[Healeys] Last Hope> > > >I swear this is my last question. If I can't get it
fixed after this, I am> > going to hire a professional. I got the gearbox and
OD in the car today.> > Ran it on jackstands for 5 mins. The OD seemed to work
correctly but was> > kinda hot. I went on a road test and the OD kicked on.
The OD, however,> > didn't want to disengage. In fact, it seemed to be
slipping. I was dead > > in> > the water. I turned it off and shifed to 1st
gear. The car wouldn't > > move.> > Made sure the OD switch was off and went
through 1-4th. Finally 1st > > kicked in> > and I got her home. Checked oil
level and it was fine. Any ideas? I am > > not> > taking it out again.> >> >
By the way....because of this OD mess I haven't had a chance to get new > >
tires> > to solve my shimmy problem. When I went on the road test on Sunday my
bad> > tire that caused my shimmy blew out. Luckily I was coming to a stop and