Re: [Healeys] gearbox tunnel carpet fastening

To: "Randy Dickson" <rdickson@midwestarchaeology.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] gearbox tunnel carpet fastening
From: "Mark LaPierre" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 07:10:28 -0400
I sympathize.     If you put the snap and screw in the floor (tunnel)first
then feel for the snap
with the "carpet half of snap" they should meet up eventually. Its fiddly
but doable.  What I have heard is that the tunnel carpet isn't suppose to
fit snug anyway.

However,  the Velcro thing is a good idea but over time the chinsy adhesive
tends to
let loose on the Velcro.   And for that matter I had a heck of a time
getting it to stick
permanently to the back of the carpet, and I even tried to use different
types of glue.
If you can get some staples to hold it in that
should last a long time.   No problem getting the velcro to stick to the
bare floor but
the carpet backing did not hold it well at all, especially when you try to
separate the
2 Velcro halves, the adhesive always let loose first,  a real pisser.

Maybe they make  Gorilla Velcro now,  ; )

Mark