Re: [Healeys] questions on BJ8 restore

To: <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] questions on BJ8 restore
From: Jean Caron <vintage_roadster_restoration@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 03:16:51 +0000
1. You are right, the safety hooks are body colour.

2. They are held by split rivets that enter the rubber bumper from the engine
bay into the hole in the shroud but does not penetrate the other side of the
rubber. Your rubber bumpers should be slightly shorter on the channel side of
the shroud.
Jean Caron> From: grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net> To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net> Date:
Sun, 14 Dec 2008 18:59:54 -0800> Subject: [Healeys] questions on BJ8 restore>
> Hello List, I have a few questions for you.> > 1. What color are the safety
hooks on the bonnet? I assume body color?> > 2. The rubber hood bumpers around
the front shroud opening. Are they held on> by split rivets or regular rivets?
Does this rivet go through from the outside> to engine side or vice versa?> >
> > Comments on new parts:> I just installed a repo rear bumper on new bumper
brackets. They required a> lot of adjustments to make them fit together. I
also noticed that license> plate/light holder did not fit on the bumper.> > >
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > Healeys@autox.team.net>
vintage_roadster_restoration@hotmail.com> > http://www.team.net/archive