Re: [Healeys] questions on BJ8 restore

To: <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] questions on BJ8 restore
From: Jean Caron <vintage_roadster_restoration@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 03:20:14 +0000
I made a mistake here, I was thinking of the rubber bumpers on the inner
fenders, those in the engine bay area remain black NOT painted body colour.
Jean Caron> From: vintage_roadster_restoration@hotmail.com> To:
grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net; healeys@autox.team.net> Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008
03:16:51 +0000> Subject: Re: [Healeys] questions on BJ8 restore> > 1. You are
right, the safety hooks are body colour.> > 2. They are held by split rivets
that enter the rubber bumper from the engine> bay into the hole in the shroud
but does not penetrate the other side of the> rubber. Your rubber bumpers
should be slightly shorter on the channel side of> the shroud.> Jean Caron>
From: grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net> To: healeys@Autox.Team.Net> Date:> Sun, 14 Dec
2008 18:59:54 -0800> Subject: [Healeys] questions on BJ8 restore>> > Hello
List, I have a few questions for you.> > 1. What color are the safety> hooks
on the bonnet? I assume body color?> > 2. The rubber hood bumpers around> the
front shroud opening. Are they held on> by split rivets or regular rivets?>
Does this rivet go through from the outside> to engine side or vice versa?> >>
> > Comments on new parts:> I just installed a repo rear bumper on new bumper>
brackets. They required a> lot of adjustments to make them fit together. I>
also noticed that license> plate/light holder did not fit on the bumper.> > >>
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > Healeys@autox.team.net>>
vintage_roadster_restoration@hotmail.com> > http://www.team.net/archive>