Re: [Healeys] questions on BJ8 restore

To: "Jerry Costanzo" <grumpyinloomis@ssctv.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] questions on BJ8 restore
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2008 22:12:51 -0500
Jerry,

1. Safety hooks on the bonnet are body colour.

2. Rubber split bonnet rubbers are fastened on by split rivets with washers
under the head going outboard with heads inboard, through the longer half of
the rubber, through the shroud flange, the ends then being spread flat. The
easiest way to do this is to begin with the rubbers turned completely upside
down, installing the rivet and spreading it flat, then carefully turning the
rubber around to right side up, making sure the outer half is eased into the
shroud flange trough.

Rich Chrysler