Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Front suspension camber issues

To: Weston Keyes <westonkeyes@hotmail.com>, Ahealey Ahealey
Subject: Re: [Healeys] BJ8 Front suspension camber issues
From: <bighealey@charter.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 9:20:53 -0700
Wes,

Replacing a shock tower cap is not at all hard.  You will want to relegate the
welding to a true pro though.  You can save by grinding off the old tower cap
yourself.  Positioning can be done with chassis measurements.  In your case you
can measure your starting point then adjust.  Alternativly go to off set
bushings. Try to bring the positive to match the other side.  Most off sets
only give about a degree of change so you may need to do both sides to bring
them closer.

0 is just dandy. 1/2 a degree negative is better.  Going beyond a full degree
negative gets you into the track day set up and will be hard on tires.

IMHO

Cheers