Re: [Healeys] Pop rivet Question

To: Mark LaPierre <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Pop rivet Question
From: Alan Seigrist <healey.nut@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:23:20 +0800
Mark -

Stick with aluminum.  SS pop rivets at some point may eventually wear out
the rivet holes in your shroud, not worth it.  They will also pass all the
galvanic corrosion energy to your shroud first, then the boot floor.  That
means it may actually increase the galvanic corrosion rates on your shroud
and make it worse.

I'd rather the pop rivet corrode out than the shroud or boot pan, they are
very easy to replace.  If you could get zinc rivets, that would be ideal.

Alan

'52 A90
'53 BN1
'64 BJ8