Re: [Healeys] Pop rivet Question

To: "'Mark LaPierre'" <lapierrem@sbcglobal.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Pop rivet Question
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:14:41 -0400
In all practical sense, corrosion is not likely to occur in your lifetime
unless you drive through salt laden winter situations, which I hope wouldn't
be likely today. Regardless, make sure all surfaces are well painted before
assembly. Use the aluminum rivets. Realize that they were 3/16" diameter pop
rivets along the side flanges, and 1/8" solid blind rivets along the boot
lid lower lip and bottom flange to trunk floor lip. Most people today use
simple to install pop rivets.

The word you were looking for in NOT going is perhaps Concours??? Don't be
afraid, it only means "contest".<grin>

Rich Chrysler