Re: [Healeys] exhaust header

To: <Warthodson@aol.com>, <healeydoc@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] exhaust header
From: "Alan Bromfield" <alan.bromfield@virgin.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 18:06:09 +0100
Gary.
I'm not sure if this is the answer to the problem but it sounds like your
engine is higher up than it should be. In my experience the problem arises
because the large rubber engine mounts are slightly thicker than originals
and also the two metal backing plates are bonded to the sandwich slightly
offset to each other. The diagonal offset jacks the engine up around half an
inch higher than it should be and creates all sorts of clearance problems.
It also tilts the engine slightly - up at the front and down at the rear. If
the problem isn't fixed, the slight angle will cause the rear of the
silencer to be even lower - as if the box isn't low enough!

When you are swopping out the 100/6 mounts for handed BJ8 ones take a side
view of the rubber mount. You will see what I mean.

AlanB
www.nfahc.co.uk