[Healeys] Bleeding brakes

To: "'Peter Linn'" <greylinn@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: [Healeys] Bleeding brakes
From: "Simon Lachlan" <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:16:35 +0100
Hi, This is the excerpt to which I referred last night. It's an extract from
my amended .pdf BMC manual and I hope it reproduces alright. (It was,
originally, a reminder to myself as my printed version is later and slightly
more complete(?) than the .pdf version. Hope that makes sense!)
This is included in my printed BMC manual and seems worth including here:-
"If the bleeding of any cylinder continues without success for a
considerable time it is
possible that air is being drawn in past the bleeder screw threads. In such
cases tighten
the bleeder screw at the end of each downward stoke of the pedal and allow
the pedal to
return fully before re-opening it. Close the bleeder screw finally during
the last pedal
application."
 Unquote.
Simon