Re: [Healeys] Bleeding brakes

To: Simon Lachlan <simon.lachlan@homecall.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Bleeding brakes
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 15:23:09 +0000 (UTC)
I thought that was SOP for bleeding brakes (at least, that's what my pappy
taught me ;).

bs

Hi, This is the excerpt to which I referred last night. It's an extract from
my amended .pdf BMC manual and I hope it reproduces alright. (It was,
originally, a reminder to myself as my printed version is later and slightly
more complete(?) than the .pdf version. Hope that makes sense!)
This is included in my printed BMC manual and seems worth including here:-
"If the bleeding of any cylinder continues without success for a
considerable time it is
possible that air is being drawn in past the bleeder screw threads. In such
cases tighten
the bleeder screw at the end of each downward stoke of the pedal and allow
the pedal to
return fully before re-opening it. Close the bleeder screw finally during
the last pedal
application."
Unquote.
Simon