Re: [Healeys] Replacing pinion oil seal

To: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Replacing pinion oil seal
From: Mark Schneider <mandmschneider@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 10:39:21 -0700
Bob,

Thank you for the advice.  This all matches with what I expected.  But
since this is the first time I have ever done this I didn't want to
stumble into the release of some evil gremlins.  I like to avoid those
occasions.  I am just finishing a rebuild on the transmission,
overdrive,  and drive line, as well as replacing the clutch.  With
this experience as a background I assumed I could handle getting this
oil seal replacement.  With your advice it looks as though the real
challenge is going to be getting the flange nut off.  That little
jewel has been in place since sometime in December of 1965.

Marks 3
1966 BJ8