Re: [Healeys] Replacing pinion oil seal

To: Mark Schneider <mandmschneider@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Replacing pinion oil seal
From: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2009 19:36:02 +0200
To pull the pinion flange you probably do not need a puller, at the most
than the usual two legged afair to help a bit. It should not be a
pressed fit.
The pressed end plate you are referring to is probably the metal dust
cover that is pressed in over the seal it self. You can remove this dust
cover and the seal using a large screw driver. You probably need to
replace this cover as wel as the seal, as it is likely that it gets
damaged in the proces. The BJ7/8 partnumber is ATC7101 for the cover and
ATC 7085 for the seal.
Kees Oudesluijs