Re: [Healeys] No Power

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] No Power
From: Bob Spidell <bspidell@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 31 May 2009 16:30:34 -0700
Kees,

I think we're in violent agreement here.  Points are the SU fuel pumps' weak
knee; if you clean/replace and adjust the points every few thousand
miles--Norman Nock once told me they did this as routine service back in the
day--they probably won't fail.  But that's hardly the epitome of durability and
reliability (mechanical pumps, for instance, can be expected to last up to the
life of an engine).

Bob