Re: [Healeys] Healey Factory Practices Re: keys

To: "'BJ8 Healeys'" <sbyers@ec.rr.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Healey Factory Practices Re: keys
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 16:30:15 -0700
I was lucky enough to have a 64 BJ8 in 65 (age 16). I did most of the work
on the car (because that's what you did in the 60's) and I would have
noticed a key if it had been left there. The PO was a military man so he was
unlikely to leave it.

You made me go look on my 67 BJ8 of which I'm the third owner. It is all
original.
There are no marks of a key but the screw on the left, facing the VIN plate
is out several turns, about the width of the key. The right side screw is
tight. As Myth Busters say "this is plausible" :-)
FWIW.
Ron