Re: [Healeys] Gasoline Octane

To: "'Alan Seigrist'" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, "'Kenny J'"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Gasoline Octane
From: "Ron Davies" <rdavies1@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 16:38:39 -0700
I've always just used premium and the lead additive and no problems in my 67
BJ8.
However, I had some serious expense with an octane booster in my DB7 after
an idiot had put the wrong plugs and wrong gap in.  I had been told to use
the additive since the DB needs 92-93 octane.  The dealer said the additive
fouled the plugs and burned out two sets of coil packs (because of the wrong
plugs). (one coil to each cylinder $$$$). No problem since the right plugs
and gap but I'm nervous about the additive again.

I now add one gallon of 100 octane to each tank of 91 and it works but I
would like to know the experts' views on the list on octane boosters in
modern cars with electronics, high compression and superchargers.
Any comments?
TIA
Ron Davies
Laguna Hills, CA

Kenny -

Yes!  Definitely.   In CA for the 3000s I only use premium + octane
boost (I use bardahls, great stuff).

Alan