Re: [Healeys] Squealing Brakes

To: "Bob Spidell" <bspidell@comcast.net>, "Oudesluys" <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Squealing Brakes
From: "Rich C" <richchrysler@quickclic.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 11:25:35 -0700
Hi Bob,

Brake squeal is simply a high frequency vibration of the pad against the
piston. If this can be interrupted by a shim (usually but not always works).
Any sort of grease or other substance between the parts will dampen the
vibration. If shims don't stop the squeal, a high temp. silicone grease
smeared lightly between the parts will do it.

Rich Chrysler