Re: [Healeys] Squealing Brakes

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Squealing Brakes
From: Norman Nock <sjnnock@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 17:23:56 -0700 (PDT)
    If you have squeaky brakes on a bicycle or a Austin Healey you need to
toe-in the brake pads, on a bicycle you can  tweak in the brake pad arms with
a wrench to give it toe- in .. you cant do that with your Healey but if you
look at the shim it shows how it should fit , this will give you a toe-in upon
application of the brakes ...The squeak comes from the worn rotor , a good
smooth rotor you should be able to draw a solid line across the rotor surface
, with a ball point pen , not a dotted line More info. is in A/H Magazine Jan
1994  or my Tech Talk book page 5         Norman Nock