Re: [Healeys] Plastic Replacement Fuel Pump - BN1 / BN2 ?

To: "Alan Seigrist" <healey.nut@gmail.com>, "Healey" <Healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Plastic Replacement Fuel Pump - BN1 / BN2 ?
From: "Greg Lemon" <glemon@neb.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 07:39:15 -0500
Alan, I put a Facet type on my BN1 with a minimal fuss using the original
fittings, same size rubber tube will fit over the facet connections and the
flared metal tube used for the fuel line---had to push the pipes around just
a little when I did this as a roadside repair, but nothing so great that
strained any metal or wasn't completely reversible.  Maybe not as tidy as
you would like for a permanent installation, but perfectly serviceable as a
temporary fix.

I drove around that way several months until I rebuilt the SU pump and put
it back on, no problems with the temporary fix or re-install.

Greg Lemon