Re: [Healeys] Throttle? linkage

To: "Jaap Aeckerlin" <j.aeckerlin@gmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Throttle? linkage
From: "Freese, Ken" <Kendall.Freese@Aerojet.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 13:08:39 -0700
 Jack,
Been there, done that with the Dennis Welch "kit". No instructions
included, natch. I threw it all in the trash. It never gave a
satisfactory feel or throttle travel. I really couldn't come up with a
good way of connecting to the pedal shaft that didn't interfere with
something on the engine.
For left hand drive and SU's, the angles and mounting brackets required
to have straight pulls might require something really weird like a
bonnet bulge.
 I think you would really have to start from scratch with the pedal and
work your way to the carbs. Maybe a floor mounted drag racing pedal
might work or put holes in the roof of the pedal box so the pedal does a
direct pull on the cable. Then you have to seal the holes from water
intrusion.

I made a special tool to get the pedal shaft clamp bolt (changed to a
socket head) really tight and haven't had a problem with the stock set
up.
Ken Freese
65 BJ8