[Healeys] Texas Cooler Warning

To: <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Healeys] Texas Cooler Warning
From: Leonard Berkowitz <drberkowitz@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 23:48:25 -0400
I installed a Texas cooler several years ago and found it to be quite helpful.
I had heard about it on this posting.  Soon after installing it I started to
read stories of the Texas cooler flexing forward and eventually chewing up the
radiator. I did not believe I was having the problem for quite some time until
one fine day, when I was changing the antifreeze, I noticed that the back of
the radiator was indeed being chewed up.  I immediately removed the Texas
cooler had my radiator re-cored, with two extra rows, and reinstalled the
original factory fan.  My beast rarely goes above 190 now.  That includes
sustained driving at 70-80 mph in 90+ degree weather, which makes it a
pleasure to drive, since I no longer have to stay glued to the temperature
gauge.