Re: [Healeys] Truth or Fiction in Answers

To: "'Jack Feldman'" <qualitas.jack@gmail.com>, "healeys@autox.team.net"
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Truth or Fiction in Answers
From: "Quinn, Patrick" <Patrick.Quinn@det.nsw.edu.au>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2009 15:03:18 +1100
Greetings Jack

I live in the mountains about 90mins drive from the coast and Sydney. If I
were to sign off Blue Mountains, Australia - besides covering an area much
bigger than Sydney, most of you blokes wouldn't have a clue where I was
talking about.

As far as the animals! Yes I mean in Sydney. The possum is an Australian
marsupial and should not be likened with North American version and of all the
animals have adapted to living closely with mankind. Possums, snakes, lizards
and foxes etc are all to be found within walking distance of the Sydney
Central Business District, but of course are more prevalent the further away
you are.

In my previous home just 15 minutes drive north of Sydney we had all sorts of
wildlife living in the roof, but possums were the most prevalent. They also
make a loud noise when walking across the ceiling and roof. Many times my wife
thinks it's an intruder when its' a possum.

Possums may look cute and cuddly, but can be a pest. At the other end of the
scale the Blue Tongue Lizard are the most adaptable to living close to humans
and make good pets.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, New South Wales, Australia