Re: [Healeys] Dave Dougan's overdrive part 2

To: <sjnnock@sbcglobal.net>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dave Dougan's overdrive part 2
From: WILLIAM B LAWRENCE <ynotink@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 08:07:16 +0000
I've had the Healey 1.28:1 ratio and the TR A-type apart and they appear
identical in every way with the exception of the accumulator piston which was
full dimension on the TR and sleeved down on the Healey. All materials the
same all internal parts the same and the TR ran well on GL4 (per the service
manual) as long as I had it. The Bentley manual for the TR6 shows GL4 as the
recommended lube. If there was a change near the beginning of production it
seems like it would have made it into the manual at some point...
Bill Lawrence

> Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:56:28 -0800
> From: sjnnock@sbcglobal.net
> To: healeys@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dave Dougan's overdrive part 2
>
> TR6 overdrive is not the same as Austin Healey , oil for all British car
trans, is as per the manufacture, see your owners manual .. Norman Nock

EP
> additives would eliminate the required friction. Triumph must not have
gotten
> that message because their specification for the TR6 calls for a Hypoid or
EP