Re: [Healeys] Dave Dougan's overdrive part 2

To: Oudesluys <coudesluijs@chello.nl>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] Dave Dougan's overdrive part 2
From: Chris Dimmock <austin.healey@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:31:59 +1100
Sorry if my recent posts have been a little obscure. Emailing from my
phone is a function of not having Internet at home at the moment...
Anyway

1. oil discussion
from years ago, we discussed this.
My history and research is at
http://www.myaustinhealey.com/austin_healey_technical_articles.html

A. Ep 90 additives destroy brass. Don't get confused by time - a Bn1
gearbox /= (doesn't equal) a BJ8.

B. Things change in 50 yrs. So is everyone who cites a 50 year old
gearbox oil reference driving on a full set of 50 year old crossply
construction tyres?? If not, why not?
Or are you relying on a principle, which improves over time, but only
applies to rubber?? Or what?  Ok - talk to us....

C. Companies sign strategic marketing agreements. Irrespective of the
issues in the long term - it's about ongoing revenue.

http://www.myaustinhealey.com/austin_healey_technical_articles.html

So did BMC write the best lubricants in the owners manual.,,
.... Or the "sponsored" lubes which paid more?  Paid also equals
sponsorship. Castrol? Maybe? NFIlube? WTFl???

All i learnt is that Money makes the world go round. Not necessarily
your wheels..

2. Ivory v white???
A whole different discussion.
And it's not about reality. It's more about
Because most "white" cars just aren't "ivory white"
They are a "stark" white.

P.S
If you want to argue with me, please be aware I gave up smoking about
16 hours ago.

So you know what? Just tell me you think my car isn't the right colour
for Ivory. It's only been painted this way for 11 years, and colour
was matched from under the bj8 chrome strips on the bj8 doors. Top of
doors. Not engine bay

Hope you guys are all happy.
Sincerely.
Chris