Re: [Healeys] YOM plates for california

To: "Richard Kahn" <tahoehealey@hotmail.com>, <healeys@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Healeys] YOM plates for california
From: "Ron Fine" <RonFineEsq@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 17:09:05 -0800
I put YOM plates on my 61 BN& but I purchased a separate '61 sticker to put
on the plate.   I have a second '61 sticker but that won't help you.  I had
a lot of trouble at the DMV office but I went prepared with a copy of the
Vehicle code and fought my way up the chain of command until I finally
reached a supervisor who finally gave the approval.  The old plate must not
be registered to any other car.
My plates were yellow with black letters.  I suggest you get the Vehicle
Code to review and make sure you have done everything necessary then just
keep at it.  You might need to try a different local office.

Good Luck,,

Ron