[Healeys] Keep Left

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: [Healeys] Keep Left
From: Awgertoo@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2009 23:47:47 EST
Those of us who are old enough to have grown up using fountain  pens will
remember how difficult it was to write without leaving an ink  smear.  Or in
the case of three-ring or spirally bound notebooks  the need to  constantly
adjust our hand positions to avoid the rings in the  notebooks.  Or having
our fingers jam in the  openings of scissors  (still the case unless you get
a left-handed pair).

And think about these::

1.  Left in Spanish is "Sinestra", which is also linked to  the occult and
evil ("Sinister").

2.  Until well after WWII Japanese children were punished  physically in
order to rid them of their left-handedness.

3.  The punishment is amputation of the right hand  for petty crimes in
certain parts of the world because the left hand was  reserved for "personal
cleaning" whereas the right was used for eating out the  communal bowl.

It's no wonder some left-handed folks grow up with bad  attitudes....

Best--Michael Oritt